|Birthday:||February 2, 1971|
|Hometown:||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Birthdayplace:||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Social Networks:|| Twitter|
|Education:||Barbara Speake Stage School in Acton|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| Isaiah Philip Bright (1st son)|
Luke Gayle (2nd son)
|Relationships:||Mark Bright (ex-husband;divorced)|
Michelle Patricia Gayle is a British recording artist, songwriter, actress and author. Gayle had success as a Soul and R&B singer in the 1990s. She achieved seven Top 40 singles in the UK Singles Chart, her two biggest hits to date being "Sweetness" (Number 4, September 1994) and "Do You Know" (Number 6, February 1997). She released two Top 40 albums through RCA Records but they parted company in 1997, and although Gayle has recorded other albums, they have not been released.
As an actress, Gayle is best known for her work on television, in particular playing Hattie Tavernier in BBC's EastEnders from 1990–1993. She has also had various roles in film and theatre and played Belle in the West End musical Beauty and the Beast in 1999. She has taken part in several celebrity based reality television shows, and, in June 2007, she became a panellist for ITV's topical chatshow Loose Women.
Gayle branched into writing and the rights to her first novel were acquired by Walker Books in 2010. The book, Pride and Premiership, was published on 5 May 2011.
View the Michelle Gayle Gallery.
|1985-1989||Grange Hill (TV Series)||Fiona Wilson|
|1990||Press Gang (TV Series)||Member of The News Team|
|1990-1994||EastEnders (TV Series)||Hattie|
|2003||Holby City (TV Series)||Crystal Fallon|
|2003||Doctors (TV Series)||Donna Jarvis|
|2005||Pushy Parents (TV Movie)||Celebrity Coach|
|2005||Family Affairs (TV Series)||Lara|
|2009||The Brothers (TV Series)||Brenda|
|2012||Crime Stories (TV Series)||Joy Harvey|
|2016||Wolfblood (TV Series)||Imara Cipriani|
|2016||The Naked Poet||Joanne|
|2016||Wolfblood Secrets (TV Series)||Imara Cipriani|
- Former soap actress and pop singer.
- Beaten in the final of Reborn in the USA (2003) by former Spandau Ballet singer Tony Hadley. [April 2003].
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 29, a son Isaiah Philip Bright in 2000. Child's father is her [now ex] husband, Mark Bright.
- Came second in the public vote for the UK representative in the Eurovision song contest behind Andy Abraham (1 March 2008).
- Toured the UK from February to June 2007 in the stage production of "Mum's The World", playing the role of Jill.
- Portrayed Brenda in the stage production of "The Brothers" at the Hackney Empire in April 2006.
- Attended the Barbara Speake Stage School in Acton, West London.
- Is the godmother of former EastEnders (1985) co-star Jacqui Gordon-Lawrence's daughter Amelia Jacqueline Notice (b. 1993).
- Is a close friend of former EastEnders (1985) co-star Danniella Westbrook.
- She was named after The Beatles's song "Michelle", one of her mother's favorites.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 40, a son Luke Gayle on 2 November 2011. Child's father is unknown to the public.
- Is a vegetarian.