Penrith, Cumberland, England
Angela Lonsdale (née Angela Smith) plays Emma Smith (Maddy's mother) in Wolfblood. Angela is an English actress. Born to a policeman father, Lonsdale's passion for acting was showcased in the Brewery Youth Theatre at the Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal. Working behind the box office, Lonsdale's talent was nurtured by the then Arts Centre Director, Anne Pierson. She took part in a large numbers of amateur productions, including plays by local playwrights John Newman-Holden and Tim Bull. After initial rejection, Lonsdale then graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Lonsdale is best known for playing police officer Emma Taylor on Coronation Street. Taylor married veteran character Curly Watts, played by Kevin Kennedy. After the birth of their child, both characters left the programe in 2003. She then took a regular part in the long-running television series The Bill. Lonsdale appeared as Eva Moore in the daytime BBC series Doctors. She left on October 21, 2008 after being shot and presumed dead by an old criminal acquaintance, but in actual reality left Leatherbridge for her own and Jimmi's safety. She made a brief return to Doctors in September 2011. Before they agreed to separate in 2010, Lonsdale was married to actor Perry Fenwick, who plays Billy Mitchell in EastEnders.
View the Angela Lonsdale Gallery.
|1992||Firm Friends (TV Mini-Series)||Shop Assistant|
|1992||Byker Grove (TV Series)||Lorraine|
|1993||Fighting for Gemma (TV Movie)||Vivien Hope|
|1994||All Quiet on the Preston Front (TV Series)||Mel|
|1994||Finney (TV Series)||Suzie|
|1995||Kavanagh QC (TV Series)||Lisa Marie Parks|
|1997||A Touch of Frost (TV Series)||W.P.C. Harman|
|1997||The Moth (TV Movie)||Nancy Parkin|
|1998||Seesaw (TV Mini-Series)||Donna|
|1998||Hetty Wainthropp Investigates (TV Series)||Jackie|
|1998||Picking up the Pieces (TV Series)||Clare|
|1999||Peak Practice (TV Series)||Kate Wallace|
|1999||City Central (TV Series)||Kim Porter|
|2000||The Last Musketeer (TV Movie)||Lena|
|2000-2003||Coronation Street (TV Series)||Emma Watts / Emma Taylor|
|2005||Holby City (TV Series)||Gina Calder|
|2006||The Afternoon Play (TV Series)||Wendy Tyler|
|1994-2006||The Bill (TV Series)||Helen Coles / DC Sue Donny|
|2009||The Royal (TV Series)||Anna Whenby|
|2010||Joe Maddison's War (TV Movie)||Polly Maddison|
|2004-2011||Doctors (TV Series)||DI Eva Moore / Eva Moore / Linda Brennan|
|2012||Best Possible Taste: The Kenny Everett Story (TV Movie)||Lily Cole|
|2012-2013||Wolfblood (TV Series)||Emma Smith|
|1998-2014||Casualty (TV Series)||Karen Sunderland / Helen Caffrey / Joy|
|2014||WPC 56 (TV Series)||Stella Monckton|
|2015||This Is England '90 (TV Mini-Series)||Stella|
|2016||Scott & Bailey (TV Series)||Gina Mitchell|
|2016||Our Girl (TV Series)||Grace Lane|
|2017||Black Eyed Susan (Short) (post-production)|
- After first being rejected first time around, Lonsdale then went on to graduate from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Shortly before her 5th anniversary of wedding with Perry Fenwick, it was know that they were separated on February 11, 2010.
- She has three children with her estranged husband Perry Fenwick: a daughter Lucy Fenwick (b. May 29, 2006), a son Jayden Fenwick (b. December 15, 2007), and a daughter Isabella May Fenwick (b. March 17, 2009).
- Her "Coronation Street" (1960) character Emma Watts became the 15th woman on the soap opera to give birth. Emma had a son Ben (played by an unknown baby), born on 26 December 2001, almost 5 years older than Lucy.
- Before she was married, her last name was Smith.